Saturday, October 01, 2016

Mounting the Android Phone in Ubuntu 16.04

I was getting the following pop up message 'Unable to mount Android Device' every time that I plugged my Android smartphone in my Linux Ubuntu 16.04 machine.

I found the solution taking as a reference the following thread.

First I used the following command:

lsusb

That gives me:
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 04e8:6860 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd Galaxy (MTP)

Then I included this info:
# Samsung LTD Galaxy
ATTR{idVendor}=="04e8", ATTR{idProduct}=="6860", SYMLINK+="libmtp-%k", ENV{ID_MTP_DEVICE}="1", ENV{ID_MEDIA_PLAYER}="1"

in the following file:
sudo vim /lib/udev/rules.d/69-libmtp.rules

And the following line:
ATTR{idVendor}=="04e8", ATTR{idProduct}=="6860", MODE="0666"

In the following file:

sudo vim /lib/udev/rules.d/61-persistent-storage-android.rules

And that's all. After a reboot my Linux PC can mount without problems my Android phone.

-----///